How can you leave Beijing without seeing the Great Wall of China? You shouldn’t! And how about a cooking class with a local family after the Great Wall visit? Yes, perfect!! Now we offer just that, a private tour of Mutianyu Great Wall, followed by a cooking class to learn the art of making Chinese dumplings!
Private tour of Mutianyu Great Wall + Cooking Class:
Mutianyu is a popular Great Wall access for foreign visitors to Beijing. Located high on the top of Yangshan mountain ridges, Mutianyu Great Wall is about a 1.5 hour drive from the city of Beijing. Offering a cable car, chairlift and toboggan slide, it is a good location for anyone who wants to see the Great Wall of China. The best time to arrive is early morning, around 8 AM, if you hope to beat the crowds.
The Great Wall cooking class takes place at a local family cooking restaurant right at the bottom of the Mutianyu Great Wall section. Your host, Lily and Yang, are a very nice couple with two children. They are the descendants of soldiers who used to be stationed at the Great Wall some 600 years ago. For years their family restaurant hosted visitors from all over the world due to its prime location, that is before the government built a new ticket office with all new entrances, shuttle bus service, and shops 2 kilometers away from the original entrance to Mutianyu Great Wall. So now their little home restaurant has a new life. In the spring of 2018, Lily began her dumpling cooking class. She has more than 30 years experience making dumplings and she speaks enough English to communicate. So, if you want to avoid the shops and the wait for a shuttle bus, and if you want to have dumplings that you helped make for lunch along with the opportunity to taste some local dishes prepared by Lily and Yang, then come with us. You will have the best day and the best food!
- 150 USD per person for a group of 3-5 people
- 200 USD per person for a group of 2 people,
- 300 USD for one person alone.
- Please contact us for groups of more than 5 people.
- A Boutique (6-8 people joining together to share a tour) Mutianyu Great Wall + Cooking Class tour is available at 120 USD per person.
- The cost includes professional tour guide service fees, transportation from your hotel and back in a nice, comfortable vehicle, entrance fees , Dumpling making class and lunch.
- Cable car/toboggan ride are not included.
- All of the tours at greatwallmylove do NOT include any touristy shopping stops